Captain class guide:
Bearing her banner into battle, a Captain provides hope and leadership to her fellows, inspiring them to greater deeds. A skilled Captain can rally a party back from the brink of defeat, or seal a victory against many foes. While a Captain is a respected fighter on her own accord, she is primarily driven by her powerful sense of leadership to those fighting around her.
The Captain is the class of choice for players who enjoy supporting their fellows while participating in melee combat. Her battle cries allow her to take advantage of certain events in combat to aid the morale or combat ability of her fellows. A Captain's style of combat focuses on inspiring those around her to glory.
- Rallying Cry: When the Captain's enemy is defeated, her cry boosts her fellowship's morale.
- War-cry: When the Captain's enemy is defeated, she lets out a cry which rallies her nearby companions to attack with greater speed and determination.
- Command: Make Haste: Inspires the Captain's fellowship to greater haste, both in and out of battle.
- Defensive Strike: The Captain attacks defensively, causing light damage but recovering quickly to protect herself from returned attacks.
- Enraged Shout: A fearsome shout which strikes terror into the hearts of enemies and puts the Captain into a battle-readied state.
- Pressing Attack: Allows the Captain to swing twice at her enemy, inflicting medium damage.
- Routing Cry: When an enemy is defeated, the Captain lets out a fearsome Cry which slightly demoralizes all other foes nearby.
- In Harm's Way: The Captain puts herself in harm's way to defend nearby companions, taking all damage dealt to them upon her.
- Intimidating Shout: A Shout which threatens the enemy, increasing the chance that it will attack the Captain.
Here are some of the Class-specific Traits the Captain can obtain while adventuring in Middle-earth.
- Captain's Valour: The Captain's Banner of War evokes greater effects upon her allies.
- Captain's Hope: The Captain's Banner of Hope evokes greater effects upon her allies.
The Captain is a well balanced class, with the ability to both solo and group effectively. A captain's strength lies in beneficial effects for his party. A major focus in group combat is the captain's herald, a combat "pet" who also carries a banner that buffs the fellowship, colloquially known as "mansam". The captain has a lot of things in combat that it can react to; it designates the main target, uses beneficial cries when enemies fall and can heal and protect its fellows. The captain is effectively the group leader.
Captains can wear light, medium, and heavy armor
Captains can use all 1 handed and 2 handed weapons